Gain a Few Pounds? Find the Culprit with our Weight Loss Calculator and Ideal Weight Chart
Use our Diet Doc weight loss calculator and ideal weight chart to meet your weight loss goals. These tools will help you track the caloric intake and level of exercise you’ll need to reach your goal weight. Instead of merely calculating your body mass index (BMI), our weight loss calculator takes your age, sex, weight loss time frame, and unique goals into consideration.
- The weight loss calculator will help you determine what your daily calorie needs will look like based on your goal weight and time frame for achieving it.
- The ideal weight chart will help you determine a range of healthy weights according to your height and skeletal frame.
The weight loss chart and calculator are for estimation only. Everyone’s body reacts differently to weight loss programs based on factors such as:
- Diet – The quantity and quality of food in your diet have the most direct effect on weight gain and weight loss.
- Physical Activity Level –Your body will burn more calories, including those stored as fat, depending on the frequency and intensity of your periods of exercise.
- Genetics – Genetic information is part of what governs the rate at which you store fat and where on the body it tends to be stored.
- Sleep – Sleep deprivation accelerates weight gain by inducing stress, which raises cortisol levels and, consequently, the rate of fat storage.
Harness the power of our ideal weight chart and weight loss goal calculator by including it in your diet, exercise, and medical weight loss plan.
Weight Loss Calculator
How to Use the Weight Loss Calculator:
First, check our chart of ideal weight according to height. Because ideal weights are a range rather than a fixed number, round your height down if you are between two heights for the best results.
Next, determine your weight loss time frame. Set realistic goals for weight loss—choose a time frame that does not compromise your health or raise your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Lastly, fill in the information in each field of our weight loss plan calculator.
- Age - Enter your current age into this field. Age affects your metabolism, so inputting an accurate age will help determine how you need to shape your diet and exercise plan.
- Height - Larger skeletons need more energy to perform all activities. Input your height to determine calorie counts that will maintain your weight loss without exhausting your body.
- Weight - Enter your starting weight here. It’s a jumping-off point for your weight loss goals. An accurate starting weight will help calculate the ideal calorie intake for maximum safe weight loss.
- Weight Loss Time Frame - Input the amount of time within which you would like to meet or exceed your weight loss goals. Give yourself plenty of time to meet them—weight loss that is too rapid can negatively impact your health.
- Weight Loss Goal - Type in your ideal weight according to the ideal weight chart. If you plan to go below the ideal weight, make sure you also plan to maintain a healthy body fat percentage and encourage the growth of skeletal muscle.
Reading Your Weight Loss Calculator Results
Our goal weight calculator will display the following:
- Weight Loss Goal – We will display an easy-to-read version of your weight loss goal and time frame. Record this information to help you stay disciplined in your diet and exercise routines.
- Net Daily Caloric Balance for Weight Maintenance – Accounting for your current weight, we will display what your daily caloric balance (after diet and exercise) should look like to keep you from gaining or losing weight.
- Net Daily Caloric Reduction for Weight Loss – Accounting for your current weight, we will estimate how much you need to reduce your caloric intake below the weight maintenance level to reach your weight loss goals within your time frame.
Keep the provided information handy to help you meet or exceed your weight loss goals on your medical weight loss journey. With your personal weight loss predictor and calendar, you can start reaching your weight loss goals. Take the time to explore Diet Doc’s weight loss programs or start talking to a doctor today.
If you're struggling to reach your goals, get in touch with Diet Doc for a complementary medical weight loss consultation immediately. Our doctors personalize plans that help you tackle the obstacles that are keeping you from realizing long term weight loss.
Ideal Diet Chart According to Weight and Age
Use our diet chart to determine your ideal weight and frame size. The weight loss calculator uses these two factors when determining your weight loss results. If you are between two heights, round your height down to best determine your ideal weight.
Weight chart values are based on the Metropolitan Life Insurance height-weight tables.
START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY
Join the 55,000 Diet Doc patients who met their weight loss goals by signing up for your free consultation today.