Gained a Few Pounds? Find the Culprit with our Weight Loss Calculator & Weight Chart
Use our Diet Doc weight loss calculator & ideal weight chart to estimate your caloric and exercise needs to reach your goal weight.
- The weight loss calculator will help you determine what your daily calorie needs will look like based on your goal weight and time frame for achieving your goal weight.
- The ideal weight chart will help you determine a range of healthy weights according to your height and skeletal frame.
The weight loss chart and calculator are for estimation only; everyone’s body reacts differently to weight loss programs based on factors such as:
- Diet – The quantity and quality of food in your diet have the most direct effect on weight gain and weight loss.
- Physical Activity Level – Frequency and intensity of exercise cause your body to burn more calories, including those stored as fat, to provide energy for activity
- Genetics – Genetic information is part of what governs the rate at which you will store fat and where it tends to be stored.
- Sleep – Sleep deprivation accelerates weight gain through various modes such as the induction of stress, which raises cortisol levels and, consequently, the rate of fat storage.
You can harness the power of our ideal weight chart and weight loss goal calculator by including it in your diet, exercise, and medical weight loss plan.
START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY
Join the 55,000 Diet Doc patients who met their weight loss goals by signing up for your free medical weight loss consultation today.
Weight Loss Calculator
How to Use the Weight Loss Calculator:
First, check our chart of ideal weight according to height. Because ideal weights are in a range, round your height down if you are between two heights for best results.
Second, determine your weight loss time frame. Set realistic goals for weight loss; choose a time frame that does not compromise your health or raise your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Third, fill in the information in each field of our weight loss plan calculator.
Enter your current age into this field. Age affects your metabolism, so inputting an accurate age will help determine how you need to shape your diet and exercise plan according to how active your metabolism is.
Larger skeletons need more energy to perform all activities. Input your height to help discover calorie counts that will maintain your weight loss without exhausting your body.
Enter your starting weight here. It’s a jumping-off point for your weight loss goals. An accurate starting weight will help calculate the ideal calorie intake for maximum safe weight loss.
Weight Loss Time Frame
Input the amount of time within which you would like to meet or exceed your weight loss goals. Give yourself plenty of time to meet these goals; weight loss that is too rapid can negatively impact your health.
Weight Loss Goal
Type in your ideal weight according to the ideal weight chart. If you plan to go below ideal weight, ensure that you also plan to maintain a healthy body fat percentage and that you encourage the growth of skeletal muscle.
Reading Your Weight Loss Calculator Results
Our weight loss plan calculator will display the following:
- Weight Loss Goal – We will display an easy-to-read version of your weight loss goal and time frame. Record this information to help you stay disciplined in your diet & exercise.
- Net Daily Caloric Balance for Weight Maintenance – Accounting for your current weight, we will display what your daily caloric balance (after diet and exercise) should look like to keep you from gaining or losing weight.
- Net Daily Caloric Reduction for Weight Loss – Accounting for your current weight, we will estimate by how much you need to reduce your caloric intake below the weight maintenance level to reach your weight loss goals within your time frame.
Keep the provided information handy to help you meet or exceed your weight loss goals on your medical weight loss journey. With your weight loss plan calculated, start reaching your goals today by taking the time to explore Diet Doc’s weight loss programs or start talking to a doctor today.
If you're struggling to reach your goals, get in touch with Diet Doc for a complementary medical weight loss consultation immediately. Our doctors personalize plans that help you tackle the obstacles that are keeping you from realizing long term weight loss.
Ideal Weight Chart (Click to Enlarge)
START LOSING WEIGHT TODAY
Join the 55,000 Diet Doc patients who met their weight loss goals by signing up for your free consultation today.